Join our growing team! Employment at Illinois Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery offers a valuable opportunity to join a collaborative team that is dedicated to patient experience. If you are friendly, passionate, and professional then we’d like to hear from you!
We have two positions open for a Billing Insurance Specialist.
Position: Billing & Insurance Specialist
Reports to: Billing Manager
Job Description: Responsible for entering and coding patient services into our electronic medical record and generating invoices to be sent to the patient. Sorts and files paperwork; handles insurance claims, precertification, predeterminations; performs collections duties and other duties as assigned.
- Collect, post, and manage patient account payments.
- Review delinquent accounts and call for collection purposes.
- Maintain HIPAA privacy and patient confidentiality.
- Handle information about patient treatment, diagnosis, and related procedures to ensure proper coding.
- Knowledge of coding systems and electronic medical records.
- Follow up to see if a claim is accepted or denied.
- Investigate rejected claim to see why denial was issued.
- Respond, investigate, and resolve patient billing inquiries.
- Obtain precertification/predetermination authorization from insurance’s when required.
- Communicate effectively with clinical staff if and/or when a procedure has been approved through tasks in electronic medical record.
- Serve as a backup/resource on insurance, billing and customer service for front office.
- Perform other duties and/or functions as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma.
Experience: 2-3 years of billing and/or coding experience preferred.
Would you like to join our amazing team? Certified Medical Office Assistants let us hear from you! We are looking for a full-time Certified Medical Assistant to provide excellent care to our patients. Please upload your resume below.
Education: Thorough education or training in the basics of medical terminology
Graduate from an accredited Medical Assisting Program
Experience: One year full-time Medical Assisting Experience helpful but not required
Certifications: Certification as Medical Assistant or MOA, Current Healthcare Provider BLS/CPR
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds with help.